INSTRUCTOR’S INFORMATION PACKET
To Instructors Interested in Offering Classes/Ongoing meetings at SCCC:
Thank you for your interest in teaching a class at the Sebastopol Community Cultural Center. Please submit a completed Class Proposal Form in person at the SCCC office, submit electronically or mail to: SCCC, PO Box 2028, Sebastopol, CA 95473. Office hours are Tue – Fri, 10am – 4pm. Phone: 707-823-1511
PROPOSALS ARE ACCEPTED YEAR ROUND AND WILL BE HELD FOR CONSIDERATION DURING THE APPLICABLE SUBMISSION WINDOW BELOW.
*Summer Guide 2017 - Submission window: January 20 - February 3
*Fall Guide 2017 - Submission window: May 5 - May 19
Note:Proposals received outside the submission window will be considered only if the instructor is requesting a rental arragement.
SCCC conducts all their classes on a seasonal basis; each session is equivalent to a 3-4 week block of time. You can choose to hold your class/meeting for any or all sessions.
Winter/Spring: January 1st – May 30th
Summer: June 1st-August 31st
Fall: September 1st – December 31st
Carefully complete the class proposal. Priority will be given to instructors who have submitted fully completed forms. Incomplete proposals will be returned. Providing alternative days and times helps us find room for your class. Please download and read the Instructor Packet, then fill out printable Class Proposal Submission form and submit to SCCC, or submit the class proposal submission form online using the link below.
- Proposed classes will be reviewed and selected based upon the following criteria:
- Adherence to the SCCC Mission Statement (see below).
- Community interest in the subject matter of the class.
- Instructor qualifications.
- Availability of appropriate space within our facility.
SEBASTOPOL COMMUNITY CULTURAL CENTER MISSION STATEMENT:
The Sebastopol Community Cultural Center commits itself to providing community events, educational and recreational classes, social and cultural services, and rental use of SCCC facilities. We strive to improve the quality of life in Sebastopol for individuals and the community as a whole.
DEADLINE: See acceptance dates above*
- Submit completed form to SCCC within the submission window by the deadline requested. We will not give late entries priority and we may not accept them. Proposals submitted after the deadline of current session will be considered only (1) if accompanied by a list of 5 students (with phone numbers and/or emails) who are prepared to register for the class as soon as it is scheduled, or (2) if the instructor is requesting a rental arrangement.
- Remember: Your Class Proposal Form must be received by the dates indicated above.*
NOTIFICATION: If your Class Proposal is accepted, we will contact you to complete an Instructor Agreement. Instructors will also receive a copy of the agreement for their records.